Tuesday, March 07, 2006

What’s wrong with me?

5 movies in 3 weeks, that too Kannada movies!!!!! Yep, you read it right; I saw 5 kannada movie in 3 weeks. 5 is still greater than the number of kannada movies I have seen in past 6 -7 years. What’s wrong with me? No, let me rephrase that question what’s good with Kannada movies these days?

I don’t know what tempted me to go to kannada movies. The first one in the series was 7’O clock. It has all new talents, about whom I had never heard of, but still went to watch the movie. And to my surprise, the story was about the youth, drifting away from the stereotype kannada movies, and it had the liveliness, never in the movie I got bored.

The last in the series was My Autograph, a remake of tamil film, but still the treatment of the story is good. Story that’s very realistic, a story that’s about people looking back at the steps they took traversing thru life till their present day. I liked the second half of the movie, which talks about his (the hero’s) friend, who helped him, shape his life. All in all a good movie.

It’s been a good year for the kannada film industry so far, like last year. The only sad part of watching a kannada movie is the condition of the theaters. Every time we got seats where there were no signs of any source of fresh air, it was so hot inside.

I myself am keen to know, which will be the next kannada movie I’ll drop in to watch and how soon will that be. ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home